Sunday, June 16

things that say a lot about people...

This post is inspired by the 'things that say a lot about about people' tag that has been going around and the posts hereherehere, and also here. Yeah... it's been done quite a bit.
Here is my take on it:

"the way in which they treat the waiter/waitress
how they feel about the weather
whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
fingernails
and hands in general
their preferred creative outlet
how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
whether or not they drink coffee
if they ever forget to eat
how honest they are with themselves (and others)
if they correct your grammar and 

whether or not they get nervous before haircuts." 

Let me just start this off by saying, no, I'm not some rich teenager who takes her friends out to dinner four times a day in a fancy-shmancy restaurant. So when we do go out to lunch or to dinner at a caffe or at a restaurant, it is definitely a treat. With waitresses/waiters, I am polite and maybe on the shy side. I am not overly enthusiastic ("Wow,  you're waitressing, and how is that life choice turning out for you?") but not rude. If I were waitressing, however, I wouldn't be all chirpy and attack people with 'So have you decided?' every three seconds, like most of them do. Because that just makes me uncomfortable. No, I haven't decided, thank you.

Whether it be rain, thunder, or lightning I feel a strong connection with storms. There is so much beauty in bursts of thunder and endless streams of rain. Now and then, it's as if the sky wakes up and says 'Right, I'm sick of always obeying rules, it's time to have a bit of fun, a little bit of an outburst.' 
And what a beautiful outburst it is.

From a very young age I've learnt that a book must be treated with respect. This means no highlighting my favourite passages (however deep and meaningful they be), no scribbling notes down the margin, no circling particularly ravishing words and no dog earing pages... Usually after finishing a book it does have little traces of me (a tea stain here, a semi-dog eared page there), and that's okay. Just as we, as humans, should have scars and marks on our bodies telling different stories, books should too. 

My fingernails are rarely painted and they are normally short. Sometimes, there is ink, flour or dirt underneath them, but they are usually well-kept.

I've always had nice-ish hands. People tell me they are long and slender and that I could be a pianist. Sure, I only know how to play 'Hot Crossed Buns' on the piano, but one must start somewhere and hands is a good start, right? I have a little imperfection on my right handed middle finger because of my obsession with writing.

'My Words and I'... Hmm, I'd say poetry and writing is my preferred creative outlet, but I'm not sure what that says about me.

When I dial a number on a phone (even if it's the number of my best friend), my heart starts thudding and I get clammy hands. Please don't ask me why, I am actually an extrovert but when it comes to calling someone it just doesn't feel right.

I could see myself drinking coffee (I've tried it once or twice) when I get older, but I don't want to be that person who has to have three cups of coffee to manage a smile in the morning.

Forget to eat? Food is my life, I would never ever forget to eat breaky or lunch. There are some girls at my school who don't eat breakfast 'to lose weight' and then scoff down three whole packets of Skittles. There is a balance.

I try so hard to be raw and authentic to others, and to really be me. If there is something I don't like I tell people, so I guess I am honest in that way. I'm still working on being honest and true to myself, a skill I think is very hard to master.

A part from 'she bringed it' instead of 'she brought it', I'm pretty laid back when it comes to grammar.

And lastly, yes, hair cuts are a bit nerve-racking. Mainly because you have the 'power' in some way to change your whole look. When I decide to get my hair trimmed, I'm nervous because I know I could chop it all off in a moment of folly.

So, that's me for you. Please feel free to answer some of these questions (or all of them) in the comment section below or on your blog. If you make a post, please shoot me the address so I can check it out.

xx
lm

Oh, and I got an ask.fm account, so if you have any questions... here it is. :)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say 'hi'; it's great hearing from you. ❀