Sunday, December 8

an extra layer

I made this card for my sister's 18th birthday based on our obsession with the singing "Strawberry Fields Forever" at the weirdest possible moments.
, via Rookie (duh)

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen

That's how long I've lived for. I'll be fifteen tomorrow.



via


I think that there is something more, for a lack of a better word, down to earth or real about birthdays than just presents and pink icing. Fifteen round, whole years ago I was nothing. That thought scares me like no other, how could I be nothing?

Yes there are times where I've been rude, careless, awkward, blissfully happy, embarrassed and nervous, sometimes all at once, but 'nothing'? Nope, I've never been that. Yet that's what birthdays are about, we get to be nothing twice and I guess while I'm furthering myself away from the first time, I'm inching closer to being nothing, a second time.

I'll tell you about tomorrow when I can, but I'm trying to distance myself a little from the computer. Things and moments look different when you aren't taking photographs of them, or searching for the perfect word to describe them. Simplifying, decluttering and trying to dive in instead of standing in the side-lines is what I'm going for. As a fifteen year old.

So I guess here's to a new year of sorts and here's to an extra layer of time wrapped loosely around me.





2 thoughts:

Thank you so much for taking the time to say 'hi'; it's great hearing from you. ❀