Saturday, June 29

a blackout in the middle of winter.





  

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt 


At first, when night slowly fell, and we had absolutely no electricity, and it was the middle of winter, we were a little panicky. But after bringing out the candles, we brought out our books and our knitting and spent a couple of hours 'the-old-fashioned-way".


It was definitely an adventure, but I must say we were glad to have electricity back after a couple of hours of straining our eyes to read and bumping into things on our way to the toilet.

Have a lovely weekend folks (hopefully with one or two adventures, they're always good fun)
-lm

P-S I've finished all my exams and received my results. I am so happy my hard work has paid off and that I can relax (if only for a handful of weeks). I must say I feel empty without always having something to do...

P-P-S Yesterday was my first full-on party, and oh my, it was amazing. A post about the night will be coming soon, so stay tuned!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to say 'hi'; it's great hearing from you. ❀