Thursday, December 19

strangers, how beautiful


It seems as if I fall in love with every half-decent stranger.

I fall in love with their dimples, the shadow under their eyes, their pout, their hands, their veins, their eye-colour, their style, their smile, the folds in their skin, their smell.

I guess it is a sort of sickness maybe, on different levels. From admiration to infatuation, all without speaking a word to them.
It is because of my weakness for strangers, it is because I know that they could easily take advantage of me that I create a wall. I look down, blush, anything to guard myself from getting to know them.

Because if I do get to know them, I'll fall out of love with them.

via




Oh and lately, this quote has really really summed up everything I've been feeling:
"Try as you might, life cannot be an endless, beautiful, intense moment." Practical Advice for Difficult Women (#20 - 9th December)

3 thoughts:

  1. This is SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful I had to comment when I saw no one else had yet.
    I love the gif with her hand rubbing her face if you ignore the rest!
    Thank you Lotus for all your beautiful quotes and I hope you continue them through this summer break.
    <3 Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who enjoy the bliss of Lotus' phenomenal blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, lotus, thank you for summing it up. i do have a penchant towards strangers with kind eyes and a soft smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to say 'hi'; it's great hearing from you. ❀